December 2, 2010

It's Nearly Here - Are You Ready?

Christmas is nearly here - are you ready?

For the past twenty-five years or so, I've had a little plastic Christmas tree about 30cm high that I have used as my Christmas tree. The great thing about it was that I could just toss it back into a plastic bag, decorations and all, and pull it out again the next year and just readjust the ornaments a little.

Last year I purchased a full sized fake tree. I figured JD might like a bigger tree, even if it doesn't even really look like a real tree. This one folds down neatly into a box and is considerably larger than my old one. So both JD and I are happy with the arrangement: he gets a bigger tree, and I like the convenience of just being able to pop it back into its box until next year. Sigh, but I will now have to find a place for all the decorations.

This Satruday JD, Ana and I are planning on decorating the tree. I didn't even need to purchase much in the way of decorations because at my last home, I had purchased a number of beatiful ornaments that I hung from the ceiling in my bedroom. Most were not Christmas decorations, but can certainly be used as decorations. Since I'm not using them anymore, and it took me several years to acquire them, I thought it sensible to make use of them.

Unfortunately, the cats will think the decorations are lots of fun to play with.

Crash! Tinkle! Tinkle! Gallop, gallop as the guilty party dashes away and hides.

Christmas Gifts
Photo by: Kelvin Kay
Christmas is almost upon us, which means I am going to have to find the time to write lots of Christmas letters and get my printer working again.

In addition, I am going to have to go through my box of gifts to ensure I haven't missed anyone for Christmas. Hopefully, I don't have to spend any more money!

Yes, I am one of those annoyingly smug people who buys their Christmas gifts throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment