June 1, 2011

Sore Fingers and a Singalong

I'm now sporting some good sized blisters/callouses on the tips of the fingers on my left hand. Since my carpal tunnel operation a few months and the very slow and incomplete recovery, I had been avoiding playing the guitar because my fingers were unable to make the chords properly. So the fingers on my left-hand (which press the strings) had gone all soft.

Recently an opportunity to play the guitar presented itself, so I grabbed the guitar, my music books and headed along. I figured I would avoid the difficult songs.

I've mentioned that I've been doing some work placement as part of my recent study for a Certificate III in Aged Care (and Disability). I thought it might be nice to have a singalong at the respite centre where I've been doing my work placement. While there were only a few joining in, they all seemed to really enjoy it. 
The singalong at the Respite Centre was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment