February 17, 2010

The Frying Pan Stash

A friend pointed something out to me one time of which I hadn't been aware. Now, I'm the first to admit that I'm not a terrific cook. In fact, I'm a barely passable cook. When I was younger, I even occasionally managed to cook meals that were inedible, although I've had male student friends of mine state that there is no such thing as inedible food.


But what my friend pointed out, was that I own several frying pans. She laughingly relayed the information that I possess a total of five frying pans. “No, I don't!” I vehemently denied.

“What kind of maniac owns five frying pans?” I thought.

I'm not quite sure why I felt embarrassed at her laughing accusation. “Don't all cooks own a frying pan for every occasion?”

That night I went home and checked my cupboard. My friend was wrong. I don't own five frying pans. In fact, I own six, thank you very much!

Should I be concerned that I own six frying pans? Does this say something deep about my psyche? Have I secretly been trying to fool myself all these years that I really can cook? Perhaps I should see a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment