November 7, 2010

Is That My Nose?

When I was a teenager I had a cute little kind of turned up nose. Actually as a teenager I hated it because it wasn't the lovely, thin and refined nose like I thought it should be.

A few years back someone took a photo of me, and all I spotted in the image was my schnozz. It looked like it had grown to a bigger kind of blobby thing. In my recent photos, I couldn't help but take notice of my nose. Somewhere along the line it's grown! 

Now I'm not saying I look like Pinocchio, but I do recall reading that our noses and our ears continue to grow all of our lives, and I can't help but think that my nose has started earlier than I had anticipated.

At this rate I may end up looking like Karl Malden by the time I'm in my eighties. (Looking at Karl Malden's early photos and comparing them to later, his nose also grew to a slightly larger schnozz in his later years.)

Luckily for me I didn't start life with taxi door ears, but I can't help but feel sorry for those who do. 

But perhaps, if their ears are large enough to start with, will their ears have grown enough by the time they retire, so they'll be able to fly from place to place? That would be great wouldn't it? "Hey Darl. I couldn't be bothered to drive the car to the supermarket. Might just set the ears to 'coast' and head off. See you when I get back."

No comments:

Post a Comment