November 26, 2010

My Breakfast Radio Program Over Christmas

Our radio station is moving to a new location while we get our new land, building & plans approved.

From 17 December, the radio will be aired directly from the transmission towers and so there will be no live announcing for two to three weeks.

I spoke to our station manager about what I could do over the Christmas/New Year break. While pre-recording is possible, it takes almost as long to pre-record it as it does to actually do the program, so I would need to find 20 to 30 hours free time.


Peter Sellers was a member
of "The Goon Show" before
gaining success as an actor.
 We discussed possibilities and have decided instead to air Radio Rewind shows for the whole two hours I normally do for breakfast, ie programs from yesteryear that are up to half an hour in length. So, for the past couple of weeks, I've been very busy trying to get the programs up and ready and so far have fifteen episodes of "The Goon Show" and fifteen of "Our Miss Brooks" with Eve Arden prepared. That's one hour of the two hours taken care of. Yay!

Fortunately I've just received some new CDs of old radio programs I'd purchased and have a bigger supply of show options. Now that I'm halfway there, the task doesn't seem quite so daunting anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment