January 29, 2011

Television Crossovers

A couple of weeks or so ago I mentioned a television crossover I'd seen between the guy who played Daren from Bewitched (Dick Sargent) when he appeared on the Love Boat.

While this was not strictly a true crossover, ie, it wasn't the character of Daren from Bewitched but just the actor, I remember how it confused me a little at the time when I saw it.


Would you believe it .... Love Boat did it again just recently when not one but four actors from three different television shows appeared in the same episode of Love Boat! 

Anson Williams who played Potsie on Happy Days as well as Pat Morita who played both Matsuo "Arnold" Takahashi, owner of the diner Arnold's in Happy Days and Mr Miyagi in the Karate Kid movie series, appeared on the same episode.

Next was the actor Tom Poston who played Franklin Bickley (the downstairs neighbour) on Mork and Mindy. And finally was Will Geer who was probably best remembered for playing the grandfather in The Waltons, though he played a lot of other characters in television and movies.

The Love Boat episode was so chock-full of well-known actors that I actually watched the episode, even though its on my list of least liked shows.

Mmm, I wonder if there is another television series with a larger list of well-known guest actors. If you know one, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment