February 1, 2011

Back to the Radio After Six Weeks Off

It was three more weeks off than I expected, but I will be returning to the radio station next week to once again present the breakfast show.

Six weeks back, just before Christmas, the station was put onto automatic scheduling while the office was closed and moved. I had arranged for my show to be prerecorded and pre-programmed and aired for 4 weeks. This was a week longer than I thought it was going to take to move the station. As it turned out, it took double that time because of transmission issues from our new temporary location and other issues. 

As most of us are volunteers and still work in paying jobs, it's tough just to find the time amongst family and other commitments, to do what we already do, let alone move an entire office and station! They're a great bunch - the regular volunteers out the back, the ones no-one hears on the air, are the ones that keep the station going. Without them, I wouldn't be a radio presenter!

Fortunately I did not have to help with the move - my weak shoulder, knee and back do not allow me to do much physically nowadays.

But it seems so long ago that I was last on the air, and now we have an entirely new premises to get used to. I'm sure the first couple of weeks I'll muff things up occasionally until I get used to where everything is.

It's going to be tough to find the time to manage everything, especially when I commence on the job training in a month or so for my current course. But I'm hoping to be back into the routine by then and somehow regain a little energy!

That's about all my news for now. I'll be spending some time tomorrow doing homework again. Yippee!

Catchya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment