June 19, 2010

No Fishing Today

When I woke up today, it was overcast, cool and rainy. The kind of day that makes you want to stay curled up in bed. Not a great day for fishing, so our fishing expedition has been postponed - hopefully tomorrow afternoon it will have cleared up enough for our little outing.

Tonight we're having friends over for potluck dinner and a singalong. It's been a while since I've had the guitar out, so my poor fingers are soft and will have some lovely callouses before the evening is over. Ouch!

I remember when I first started playing guitar when I was 14, I loved songs that were in minor chords. It appealed to my naturally melancholy nature, and I especially loved sad songs about lost love. While I've outgrown that desire for sad songs, there's still something about songs in minor chords that appeals to me. I guess there are things that you never quite grow out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment