February 23, 2010

Mutant Moth ©

Some time ago, I had prepared for bed as usual, had switched on my alarm clock and turned out the light, and settled in for a good night's sleep. It was just as I was drifting off, that it attacked me. Suddenly there was something at my arm. My heart leapt in alarm and I was awake in an instant. It took only a second or two for my brain to register what had been jumping onto my arm. It was a moth!


Now in my bedroom I have over ten square metres of wall space, several square metres of curtains, a room divider, a large built-in cupboard and a computer desk and chair. Out of all the places that the moth could have chosen to land on, it had selected my bare arm. I settled down and was soon drifting off again and suddenly there was the moth leaping onto my arm again.


If I didn't know better, my over-active imagination might have thought that the insect was purposely waiting until I was almost asleep before launching its attack. Why didn't it go somewhere else in the room, considering there was so much space available? It was then I realised that it was the day after the first nuclear bomb test by Thailand. Obviously it'd been mutated by the bomb and was now a heat-seeking, bloodsucking moth, intent on draining me dry. Fortunately, I don't fall for my own ridiculous stories, and I soon fell asleep again. I'm not quite sure what the two tiny puncture marks were that I found in my neck the following morning... ©

No comments:

Post a Comment