I just realised today that it's the last day of March and tomorrow is April Fool's Day. I try to organise a silly little joke to play on the radio on this date, but I haven't even had a chance to think about it until now, and it's now 10.30pm and I have to be up at 5.00am.
So my blog entry today will be short. But I thought I'd include some practical jokes that you might like to play on someone on 1st April:
- It seems that a psychology class decided to give their new found knowledge of the "power of suggestion" a little test. Some of the students had another class together and decided to play a little trick on their teacher. Whenever the teacher was on the left side of the room, they would act really interested and when he was on the right side of the room, they would act really bored. Well, it seems that this behaviour did its job on the teachers subconscious and he was practically crawling on the left wall by the end of class.
- Purchase several hundred crickets from the local pet store and release them everywhere. (and I do mean everywhere) Crickets are quite noisy and should result in a few sleepless nights.
- Place a rubber ducky (cleaned & sterilised if possible) inside the water bottle at your workplace.
- One of my favourite practical jokes is to get a somewhat long spool of rope, and when walking down the street (acting official), get someone to assist you in measuring a distance. Pick a spot near a corner , go around, and find another person to hold the other end of the rope. Go across the street and just wait...
- Take a six foot piece of toilet paper and attach a piece of duct tape to one end (half of the tape on the toilet paper, half hanging off the roll). Place the paper and the tape - sticky-side-up - on the floor at the entrance of the bathroom. When your "victim" steps on the tape, they will be dragging the toilet paper from their shoe.
Childish yes! But so much fun!