March 29, 2010

Oh My Poor Aching Brain ©

I remember talking recently about how we rub off on each other at home, in the fact that my sense of humour has rubbed off on both Anna and JD. Just the other day, I noticed that the same was true when it comes to odd habits, but this time in reverse. 

After I got out of the shower, it suddenly dawned on me that I was singing out loud a silly song to my dog Scout. I'm not sure that she appreciated it, but I was conscious that I had never done such a thing before. The words were along the lines of "What a lovely little dog Scouty is. There's no better dog in the world."

I've inherited this insanity from my flatmate Ana who sings to both of the cats quite regularly, nonsensical little tunes that strangely enough, the cats seem to like... or perhaps I'm simply reading too much into their little furry smiles.

Joey has also admitted to singing to the cats and he seems quite convinced that they like it, and adds that it doesn't seem to bother them if you can't hold a tune.

While I've always been happy to infect people with my own style of insanity, I now see another side of this that may or may not be a good thing. Now I come to think of it, I'm starting to like purple way too much, which is Ana's favourite colour...Hey Ana, about this purple thing and singing to the cats.... ©

No comments:

Post a Comment