March 28, 2010

I'm Back

After a week away from the computer, my fingers have been itching to get to the keyboard. Isn't it amazing how much we take our pastimes and pleasures for granted? I love creating graphics and webpages and doing all those sorts of things. This week without the computer seemed to last twice as long as usual and I was so conscious of the fact that I didn't have computer access that I had to distract myself with other things.

Somehow, I made it through and in the last week I've had some interesting dreams... though not connected to computers in any way. One dream was about a portal to other worlds and I'm hoping to be able to write this into a short story. It's not the first time that I've had dreams that I've turned into stories. 

A number of years ago I had a dream that was complete from beginning to end, and when I told it to a friend of mine, they asked if the credits came up at the end of the dream. Cheeky beggar! Strangely enough, the night after this last good story dream I had, I actually dreamed a commercial, though I can't recall what product it was selling.

I hope that doesn't mean that deep down inside I want to be an advertising creator...

No comments:

Post a Comment