April 6, 2010

Chocolates! Chocolates! Chocolates! ©

Chocolates! Chocolates! Chocolates! I'm afraid Easter is never going to be a good time for anyone wanting to give up chocolates. Everywhere you turn at the supermarkets, shops, newsagents, and market stalls, they're unavoidable. 

It wasn't until we gave up something for a week before Easter that I contemplated, for the very first time in my life, giving up chocolate for a week. The concept didn't fill me with dread, certainly not like it once would have.

When I was in my 20s I'd almost go into a state of panic if there wasn't any chocolate in the fridge. I truly believe it's an hormonal thing, because now that I'm well into menopause, I can quite happily go without chocolate for several days at a time, sometimes even weeks. 

Mind you, if there's chocolate around, I'm also very happy to eat it! In fact, my cravings some days are almost scary .... because they're healthy cravings. For the last year or so, I've been seriously craving oranges regularly after dinner in the evenings. And sometimes, unbelievable as it may sound, I actually eat an orange instead of consuming chocolate.

That leaves me wondering then, once the hormones settle down and I'm post-menopausal, what cravings will I have then? Prunes? ©

No comments:

Post a Comment