October 19, 2010

I'm Back .... With a New Computer Tower

It has been SO difficult to wait patiently for the delivery of my new computer tower. It was sent on 13 October and only arrived today (19 October). That's almost an entire week without my beloved computer and access to the internet. 

As you can see - I survived the crisis.

Now I have the joy of reloading all of my old programs and other fun tasks. I also have to catch up on creating my radio scripts which I have run out of! I normally write my simple scripts a month or two in advance, but as it so happened, the computer decided to fail just as I was running out! Therefore today's blog entry is going to have to be short and sweet as I still have to write up the scripts for the remainder of the week. Next weekend I'll try to get a few done in advance.

At the radio station I've been busy preparing for a new spot on a Sunday night which will incorporate quirky Christian songs. It will be the first of three "Eternal Sessions" commencing at 7.45pm and going through till 8.30pm. It will be called "Eternal Alternative." After that is "Eternal Rock" which runs from 8.30 to 9.30pm and finally "Eternal Metal" from 9.30pm to 10.30pm.

I've been going through each of the hundreds of CDs we have trying to find quirky songs for the spot. One of the things I discovered was how many truly tragic Christian songs there are - especially anything recorded prior to 1995, many of which scored high on the "Musical Dorkiness Scale." My ears seem to be coping with the tragic songs in our collection, though my mind may never truly be the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment