October 21, 2010

Arrgh!

I have decided that for the moment, I hate computers. At least until I get my new one up and running properly. I've had so many problems with getting my old programs going and having to reload stuff and then finding some of the reloading simply didn't work. Arrgh!

Fortunately I didn't lose any of my photos, though I had the majority backed up on memory stick just in case.

By the weekend I imagine that the computer will be a little easier to use, though it's new operating system is a little confusing. After six years with the old computer, it is hard to adapt to a new way of finding files etc.

I'm at the radio station at the moment and found myself with a few spare minutes to dash off today's blog entry. Earlier I mentioned that one of my spots each week is Radio Rewind where I share a portion of a radio program from yesteryear (when radio was king). Next week is part two of a monster show about the search for the abominable snowman.

I'm presently looking at what I will do on the week after that and have decided to do a comedy segment. So I am downloading Charlie McCarthie (a ventroliquist dummy presented by Edgar Bergen) who was very popular on the radio waves back on the 1940s or 50s. They were so popular, they had their very own radio program. Should be interesting - let's hope he's actually funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment