September 29, 2010

Romantic Destinations in the UK

Years ago, I recall reading a list of some silly place names in the USA and Australia. I had forgotten about it until just recently when by accident I found the place names "Little Snoring" and "Great Snoring" in the UK.

(FYI: Little Snoring is a village north-north east of London in the county of Norfolk and Great Snoring is located in the east in the UK in North Norfolk.)

"Wow! What great names," I thought.

But rather than repeat what's already been done multiple times by others, ie create a list of the silliest names , I thought it would be nice to find some lovely romantic ones.

Then if anyone wants to go for a honeymoon for example, one of the couple might like to organise a trip to romantic sounding destinations.

Here then is a list of places in the UK:
  • Caring
  • Church Town
  • Cupid's Hill
  • Darling’s Hill, Darling Fell, Darling How, Darling Field,
  • Fancy
  • Gentleman’s Cave
  • Heart's Delight
  • Honeypot
  • Husbandtown
  • Kissock, Kissthorn Farm
  • Loves Green, Lover, Lover’s Lake, Love lane, Love Lodge, Loves, Lover’s Leap, Loves Farm, Love’s Hill
  • Red Roses
  • Sweet Bit
  • Sweet Hope
  • Sweetheart Abbey
  • Truelove
  • Valentine's Park (London)
  • Weddington
  • Yearn Hope

I then thought that as a single woman,I could create single women's tours with the second last place on the tour being at Husbandtown and the final destination being Truelove. Mmmm, sounds like a winner!

But I would definitely have to say that my favourite romantic destination in the UK is "Isle of Ewe" off the coast of Scotland.
------------------------
For more interesting place names in the UK go to http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk and search to your heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment