July 3, 2011

Curly Hair is a Natural Fluff Attractant

Me with straight, blonde hair
Previously I've mentioned that I used to get my crazy curly hair straightened and blonded for about ten years. It took effort and time each day to get it looking right, but while it was straight, I never had to worry about it being messy or looking like a a pensioner perm. 

Additionally, despite the fact that my hair was blond, I seemed to get treated more seriously by people. Weird huh? As soon as I went back to my naturally crazy curly hair, I found that people tended to treat me less seriously. Is that because I now look more like a clown? Or is it that clowns wear curly hair because it's considered a style worn by less intelligent kinds of people?

Another thing that I've noticed is that my hair has a tendency to pick up any fluff in my environment. It's kind of like I have my own in-built clothes brush or fluff magnet. Each morning I wake up to find at least two bits of fluff have found their way into my hair during the night. On other mornings I wake up looking like I've been sweeping the floor with my head.

I dread to think what it would look like if I had flannelette sheets!

I'm only glad that most of my eyebrows haven't followed suit, except for that special sticky-out hair that looks like I've installed my own personal television aerial.

No comments:

Post a Comment